Handbook for Departing Officials
The DoD Handbook for Departing Officials provides preliminary guidance to out-going political appointees throughout the Department of Defense and Military Departments.
This handbook is designed to provide a convenient, ready reference tool to assist in planning, and executing an orderly transition from Federal Service. The topics covered here provide basic need-to-know information related to essential decisions and activities that must be accomplished prior to, and following departure from Federal Service.
Inside you’ll find information on:
- Standards of Ethical Conduct
- Security Review of Future Literary Works
- Federal Records and Personal Files
- Removing Personal Articles
- Performance Ratings and Awards for Subordinates Staff
- Personal Benefits Information and Compensation and Pay Considerations.
For more detailed information related to the processes and requirements for departure from the DoD you may contact the DoD Presidential Transition Support Office, organizational administrative officers or functional subject matter experts.